Friday, August 21, 2009

Journal #9 August 21, 2009 (August 20th, 2009 @ 12:46am)

Today was a whirlwind of movement. After the crazyness last night I woke up this morning, feeling a bit hung over but not too bad, after getting only 4 hours of sleep. Not the best way to start the day but hey, it was totally worth it! I had a great time with friends and networking with people in DC which was priceless. We got up, ate some cereal, commiserated in our collective crappy demeanors, and left to head to the bus stop. I think when I was contemplating my life in DC, I expected public transit to be a lot closer, not that its that far away, but we walked a good 10 minutes to the right bus stop before taking the H8 to our first placement. I’d really like to get into talking about each individual placement but its late already and it wouldn’t be that great of a use of my journaling time to go into excruciating detail about each one. What I will say is that I’m excited for each one of us and the experiences we will have at our placements. Each one is different and inspiring. Our jobs range from Legal Council, to Medical Clinic Intern, to Social Worker, to Support Intern for Battered Women and Children. We are all in programs which I believe we will be immersed in and changed in unexpected ways. I didn’t get to see much of the clinic at SOME but I will get a much better idea of the program on Monday when we start work.
Today we also had our house discussion about all the basics, the cleaning, the community time schedule, etc. I felt like it went really well and it seems like we are all very much present to each other and want to be here in community. Personally, I’m a huge fan of our house and all the people in it, we each have such interesting things to bring to the table. After our full day of traveling and seeing the placements, I’m so tired so it is now time for me to get some of that stuff people call sleep. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment