Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Journal 1 : 11:11pm, Seattle, WA – SEATAC – Terminal A, Gate A 14



In front of me is a plane, resting for the moment but full of potential to go places. Here I sit, embarking on my own journey which will be drastically different than anything I have ever done before. One year lies ahead, and only God knows what it will hold for me. Who knows what I will be thinking just one year in the future, what my next year plans will be, and what new friendships I have forged, and which ones have gone to the wayside. I hope that this year I can find the time to journal as much as possible, every day or every other day.

My time in back up in my home town has been nothing but pleasant, seeing faces which I hadn’t seen in quite some time. In the time I was back I was able to see Strode, the Davids, Maddie, Tara, Gillian, Jordan, as well as other friends and family. I had a great time seeing my grandparents and spending time with them, they are so supportive and helpful with my future goals. In the time I was back I went clubbing, shopping for new outfits, shared many meals with good company, and did pretty much everything I wanted to do while I was here.

Its hard to describe my mood right now, part of me yearns to know what is going to happen in these next few days, part of me excited for the newness I will be experiencing, part of me is frightened to be in a completely new area, with so much activity going on, a place I could get lost in. I’d definitely say that I feel more excited than anything else, though part of this while experience hasn’t really hit me, and I don’t think it really will until I land in Baltimore and get whisked off to the retreat, where many faces await who I will soon be putting names and stories to.

No comments:

Post a Comment