Saturday, September 5, 2009

Journaly #15


Journaly # 15 Written at 1:18pm on the 4th of September from my office
Yesterday I ran, I ran for a few reasons. 1st, I felt like a fatty for eating 8 doughnuts in two days. I felt like a fatty for eating 16" of Subway the day before along with cookies and a pepsi, and chips. Who the hell eats that much and is ok with it? I was eating out of compulsion, because some part of my unconsciousness wondered when it would taste good food again and wanted as much of it as possible. Like my coworkers at SOME tell me, once you hit 25 it all goes downhill, one part of this is this metabolism I have right now which allows me to eat like a professional food competitor. Anyhoo, I went running and I had always wanted to do the run around the mall, so I ran to the metro station at Howard (1 mile) and took it to the national archives, which is right on the edge of the mall. This run had to have been one of the most beautiful and inspiring runs I've been in in recent memory. As I ran towards the capitol it loomed ahead of me, shining brightly against the black sky. I could see through the dome, through the columns which during the day you don't see. The entire weight of the dome rests upon these columns, it made me marvel at the architectural genius which created it. The entire run around the mall is one of the best runs, for the reason that it inspires you as you make your way around it, through the monument, the memorials, the tourists gawking at the beauty. I did get a bit out of breath at some points and stopped to take in the WA monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Korean War Memorial. Sometimes you just need to take a break, to stop, take a breath, before continuing on.
In other news, my computer which is on its 5th year, is starting to break down. Sometimes I've not been able to get it to turn on, and other times it works, so I'm at a loss as to what to do with it. I think it might be time to invest in something new but with the stipend I think I'll wait until next year to do anything about it, so if my journaling isn't completely up to date, this is why. Today (Saturday now) we're going to Baltimore to the JV house there to have a party, White themed, which I have already gotten under control. We visited Value Village (superstore) this morning and I picked up a sweet white BBall T with shorts and a "Live to Mow" hat, its going to be awesome. Right now I'm about to get some cleaning done then head out, its about an hour away. It should be an awesome time!

No comments:

Post a Comment